The European Green Deal (EGD) is not just an ambitious program for the transition to climate-neutral Europe, it is a new ideology of the relationships between human activity and the environment. Caused by global climate change and strong response of the world’s citizens to it, the new European policy seeks to change the attitude towards natural resources across of all sectors, as well as to make significant changes in our daily lives and habitual behaviour. Ukraine has declared its intention to join this new policy, thus, we need to understand its all positive and negative consequences for our country, as well as carefully monitor this very dynamic European process, timely adjusting our legislation and implementation practices to these changes.
Our project is focused on the impact of EGD on agricultural sector and rural communities in Ukraine. We are learning how to take advantage of the opportunities provided by the EGD and avoid the threats posed by the transformation process. We work with the EU agricultural strategy “From Farm to Fork” on the first place, also taking into account requirements of other policy documents in the part related to agriculture and rural areas – provisions of Biodiversity Strategy, Circular Economy and Zero Emission principals as well as the use of financial instruments in agricultural sector.
- constant monitoring of EGD development in the EU and analysis of its potential impact on Ukrainian agricultural sector;
- collection and dissemination of sustainable and innovative development of examples in agriculture;
- discussions on the most complex issues with experts from the agricultural and environmental sectors, governmental officials and practitioners;
- issuing monthly project newsletter, reaching the target groups, posting messages on social networks, cooperating with target media;
- updating our site for better communication with readers.
Timely analytical information on the implementation of EGD in the EU and in Ukraine in the field of agriculture will be disseminated among agricultural associations and advisory structures working with united territorial communities (UTG) and rural areas, relevant Ministries, international technical assistance projects and thematic media.
Based on the results of our project, a roadmap for the introduction of environmental friendly agriculture in Ukraine will be developed and widely presented on the basis of the EU strategy “From Farm to Fork”.
We cooperate with colleagues from other organizations that explore the issue of EGD, with members of the profile working groups of the CSF EaP and Ukraine-EU platform.